On this page you can find a small selection of articles which have been written by SWV and have appeared in various printed publications worldwide.
To view these articles you will need Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader you may download it directly from The Adobe Website by clicking the icon at the bottom of the list of articles.
- 2014-10 MM TV Reportage Mido 2014 (477.5 KiB)
- 2014-2 MM Mackenzie Standardization+Certification of Pals (1.4 MiB)
- 2014-01 MN Kreativ bleiben FOCUS (864.8 KiB)
- 2014 Kritische Betrachtung des Verkaufs von Korrektionsbrillen ueber das Internet (895.7 KiB)
- 2013-12 MM Les Réseaux de Soins aux USA L'Opticien Lunetier.PDF (1.0 MiB)
- 2013-9-MM-DOZ Norwegen Artikel (854.0 KiB)
- 2013-9 MM Article in Eyewear Intelligence Vol 14 (1.8 MiB)
- 2012-5 SWV Article in Eyewear Intelligence (369.6 KiB)
- 2012-2 MM BienVu Le Panorama du Marchee (243.5 KiB)
- 2012-1 The Law Gazette - Should doom merchants have gone to Specsavers (40.0 KiB)
- 2012 Mark Mackenzie Norway - Fakta, trusler og muligheter (718.7 KiB)
- 2011-11 A short history of Freeform MAFO 6-11 (3.3 MiB)
- 2011-10 L\'Opticien Lunetier October 2011 (2.1 MiB)
- 2011-10 Kleine Geschichte der FreeForm Technologie (Part 2) Focus October 2011 (2.3 MiB)
- 2011-9 Kleine Geschichte der Freeform Technologie Focus September 2011 (3.6 MiB)
- 2011- 9 Eyewear Intelligence Vol 12-N 30082011 (1.3 MiB)
- 2011-8 Kinder Storfactor oder Zukunftssicherung (1.1 MiB)
- 2011-7 DOZ Die Pulsnehmer July 2011 (3.1 MiB)
- 2011-5 MAFO SWV Keynote Speech May 2011 (2.2 MiB)
- 2011-4 MM A Look over the Garden Hedge in the FOCUS Magazine China (633.0 KiB)
- 2011-3 MAFO Conference Programme MIDO 2011 03032011 (708.4 KiB)
- 2011-2 Norwegian Association of Optometry Programme 09022011 (312.6 KiB)
- 2011-2 Les francais, premiers consommateurs en optique BIEN VU February 2011 (1.2 MiB)
- 2011-2 Clear Progress Opti Munich Review OPTICIAN February 2011 (197.8 KiB)
- 2010-10 SWV ECOO General Assembly Presentation (1.6 MiB)
- 2010-7 Reflections on Sunglasses OPTICIAN July 2010 (363.8 KiB)
- 2010-7 ESA Barcelona EYEWEAR INTELLIGENCE July 2010 (2.1 MiB)
- 2010-6 Twittern Sie schon DOZ June 2010 (1.7 MiB)
- 2010-2 A focus on the Hearing Aid Industry [L’OUIE MAGAZINE ] (248.5 KiB)
- 2010-1-12 MM Eyewear Intelligence - Volume 11 No 1 [Which vision care market will come out of recession first - Europe or the USA? See our latest article on page 3 of Eyewear Intelligence] (136.2 KiB)
- 2009-9 MM BEKO (3.0 MiB)
- 2009-9 Les progressifs L'Opticien (295.6 KiB)
- 2009-5 Slugfest MAFO May 2009 (3.4 MiB)
- 2009-4 Made In Milan OPTICIAN April 2009 (1.2 MiB)
- 2009-0 Mark Mackenzie (555.5 KiB)
- 2009 Made In Milan Optician April 2009 (1.2 MiB)
- 2005-5 MM Rx-Sunglasses in Europe MAFO (1.8 MiB)
- 2005-4 MM Shanghai surprise Optician (1.7 MiB)
- 2004-11 MM Getting progressively richer Optician (959.3 KiB)
- 2004-10 MM Congress Oxford Uni-Manufacturers Forum (1.5 MiB)
- 2004 MM Affordable Vision Correction (124.2 KiB)
Latest news from SWV
The new World Lens and Frame Demand Study of SWV is ready
- A total of 61 countries were researched.
- They amounted to 94.6% of world GDP and represented 75% of the total population of the world.
- A total of 1,074 million lenses and 458 million frames were identified.
- The number of quality ophthalmic lenses sold worldwide with data of 2013 was assessed .
- These lenses were broken down into four categories - single vision, bifocal, conventional progressives (traditional surfacing) and Freeform progressives (digital surfacing)
- The lenses sold were broken down by material, Mineral, Trivex / NXT, Polycarbonate and Plastic
- Plastic lenses were broken into three categories 1.5 Index, 1.51-1.58 Index (does not include Trivex and NXT) and 1.6+
- The percentage of photochromic lenses sold in the country was identified.
- The value of the ophthalmic lens market in value at net manufacturer selling prices in local currency was assessed.
- An estimate of the number of ophthalmic frames sold by country was made.
- The value of the ophthalmic frame market in value at net manufacturer selling prices in local currency was assessed.
- The % of frames glazed at the optical outlet was estimated.
If you are interested in this study, please contact SWV under email@example.com
Read more … The new World Lens and Frame Demand Study of SWV is ready
Important dates for your diary
Our Twitter News
2014-07-18SWV4U - The SWV team will be at SILMO from 26.09.-29.09.2014. If you want to arrange a meeting, please contact Ingeborg at firstname.lastname@example.org.